Cucumbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsrdj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im looking for a cucumber that wont harm my tank if it dies any suggestions

In a tank so small, it might be a no-go.

What makes you want one? A particular cleaning need? There are better substitutes IMO.

yeah im looking for something to clean the sand andy suggestions

Nassarius snail and vaccuming while doing PWCs. You could also try a pair of two spot gobies, but I've never had longterm success with them. They sift sand. A bullet goby is much bigger, but I have no experience with them or know if they'll do in a 29g.

Those snails live under the sand and eat stuff so it might not help the top of the sand. Don't let anyone talk you into a sand sifting star either. It'll die real qwik IMO.

But I'd stay away from any cucumber.

I do vacuum off the top layer of sand when doing pwc just wanted something sand sifting maybe ill try the snails thanks

A bullet goby would turn that sand over in a day. I`d be afraid that he would starve to death in that size tank. I definitely agree with the Nassarius snails. They do a good job.

Mike, does your bullet make mountains now and then. I want one, but am afraid it'll cover coral and stuff. Do they get moody or more engineering sometimes and "do things" to your landscape?

It does not make mounds Ray but it does get sand on some of the corals on the bottom irritating them and I have to take my hand and making waves get the sand to blow off them if you know what I mean.

29 G, maybe a pistol. I agree with the nassis 100%, those little guys are great!

Back
Top Bottom