Cyano Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nitrate

Aquarium Advice Freak
I’ve been in a long battle with Cyano for months now. Had it basically under control of late, but there were still traces of it in areas of low water flow. I also have some older LR that had it in every nook and cranny; despite my best efforts I was never able to clean it up.

Over the 3-day weekend I went out of town. I rarely leave my tank unchecked for more than a day, but everyone I knew that could check it was going out of town as well. At some point my water level got so low that my wet/dry quit circulating. The only circulation (probably for two days) was a power head. To make a long story short, all the cyano is completely gone. Every last bit of it, completely, totally, absolutely gone. This would leave me to believe that my wet/dry is propagating the Cyano.

Just thought I would share

Did you happen to test the salinity before you topped everything up? I would suspect that the increase in salinity might have had more to do with it. I find most algaes crash in a hypersaline environment.

Cheers
Steve

I was in such a rush to get the pump running again i didnt think about it. All fish and inverts are fine, if that matters.

Cyano GONE !!!! :D

Congrat!! Will be interested to see the status of my cyno when I return from a 2 week vacation. I have a 17 yr old neighbor caring for my tank 8O

Back
Top Bottom