Cycling :( (Help!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaron26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just went into my lfs and found out that after a month of cycling found out my ammonia was high and so was my nitrates, he told me a few more weeks :( how long do you think he meant

avg cycle 6/8 weeks some get lucky and get it done faster , also depends on your tank size and what you used for a ammonia source ,
when you initially started what did you use as a ammonia source , deli shrimp is recommended , raise ammonia to 4ppm to kick start cycle,

when you had your water tested what was the reading ?

Cycle your salt tank - Aquarium Advice

if your ammonia reading is under 4ppm raise it back up to 4ppm this will kick your cycle back in , this should help get cycle started again and help speed up your process

avg cycle 6/8 weeks some get lucky and get it done faster , also depends on your tank size and what you used for a ammonia source ,
when you initially started what did you use as a ammonia source , deli shrimp is recommended , raise ammonia to 4ppm to kick start cycle,

when you had your water tested what was the reading ?

Cycle your salt tank - Aquarium Advice

if your ammonia reading is under 4ppm raise it back up to 4ppm this will kick your cycle back in , this should help get cycle started again and help speed up your process

My ammonia source was flake food, Redding was high ammonia, high nitrates, and medium/lownitrites

I would re up the ammonia to 4ppm using a deli shrimp sounds like the cycle stalled
use a ladys stocking to hold the shrimp for easy removal and no mess in tank

I would re up the ammonia to 4ppm using a deli shrimp sounds like the cycle stalled
use a ladys stocking to hold the shrimp for easy removal and no mess in tank

Okay thanks for the advice man

How much rock is in the system? Without enough porous rock to establish itself in getting enough bacteria to consume the ammonia will be a struggle. It needs to be around 1 lbs per gallon.

How much rock is in the system? Without enough porous rock to establish itself in getting enough bacteria to consume the ammonia will be a struggle. It needs to be around 1 lbs per gallon.

Yea I have 11lbs no worries on that

Back
Top Bottom