DANGER!!!.... ive been thinking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, my mind never stops... I've always been a car guy, my favorite car and car I just had to sell is a 96 Impala SS. My question is, I have a 8" diecast metal impala. What would I need to do to be able to put it in my reef tank??? I think it'd look AWESOME with the doors open and fish swimming through! Just a crazy idea that I probably can't do but its worth a shot...

Awesome idea!

The freshwater folks have been able to do similar things using krylon fusion paint to seal objects and place them in their tanks. You could always use a clear coat of this stuff. I'm just not sure how well it'd react to the saltwater etc. Worth checking it out if it's possible.

Awesome idea!

The freshwater folks have been able to do similar things using krylon fusion paint to seal objects and place them in their tanks. You could always use a clear coat of this stufkf. I'm just not sure how well it'd react to the saltwater etc. Worth checking it out if it's possible.

Cool! Ill try krylon clear coat!!!

Travis55 said:
So, my mind never stops... I've always been a car guy, my favorite car and car I just had to sell is a 96 Impala SS. My question is, I have a 8" diecast metal impala. What would I need to do to be able to put it in my reef tank??? I think it'd look AWESOME with the doors open and fish swimming through! Just a crazy idea that I probably can't do but its worth a shot...

Haha could you post a pic of it?

Haha could you post a pic of it?

img_1613685_0_d36c2592a4f7b37438770071441ac0eb.jpg

img_1613685_1_f0bb03ee2a16d7d2fa19c74e654868b8.jpg

I want to put these in the bottom. I think it'd look awesome. Lol

Travis55 said:
I want to put these in the bottom. I think it'd look awesome. Lol

Dude ya, you could put down lile black gravel lile asphalt. Then get maybe another and line them up lile a car show haha. I wonder if the fish would mess up the apolstry though...

Dude ya, you could put down lile black gravel lile asphalt. Then get maybe another and line them up lile a car show haha. I wonder if the fish would mess up the apolstry though...

That's awesome! Put black sand along the front of the aquarium! I reaaaallllyyyyy want to do this. I just gotta make sure the salt water won't damage the cars to where they will contaminate the water...

There has to be a way on the show tanked they put all kinds of things in Their saltwater tanks. It showed them coating with something, but I don't think they specified what it was.

It would be like a tsunami wiped out civilization, the reef apocalypse. Awesome idea man deffinately following.

Try and put the cars in there own qt tank and test the water over a period of time

I just wonder how long they're going to look like nice cars... my tank has only been running 2 months and i have a pretty good growth of corraline already. It is a really cool idea. Im sure you could go the the site and ask the guys on tanked what they coated the car parts with.

@remset the problem with that is that the average person doesnt have the resources to test for everything that could be harmful. if calpera goes sexy it causes all kinds of havoc in your tank but doesnt mess up anythign that would show in a reefmaster test kit...

@remset the problem with that is that the average person doesnt have the resources to test for everything that could be harmful. if calpera goes sexy it causes all kinds of havoc in your tank but doesnt mess up anythign that would show in a reefmaster test kit...

That and just dunking in the tank will make the small screws start to rust and the dash stickers would fall off. The rust, paper and glue would be in the water.

Back
Top Bottom