darn filter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

border324

Aquarium Advice Regular
i think i have a problem with my xp2 filter. i have had it about 1 year now and i never took notice before but when i look to see if it suck up wast and food. i see the stuff float right by it. is that normal or is the a problem with my filter. i only have my carbon pad and a thin macanical pad to get out wast and food.
do you think it is time for a new filter?
if so i am looking in to a wet dry system!
thanks for you help
michael

You've had it a year....when is the last time you cleaned it? Sounds like either it is clogged or the impeller is shot.

I clean my filter every time i do a water change (Every week) take the whole thing apart and wash the filter pads too and if you have a removeable propelor take it out and clean all of it and if you dont want to do it every time you do a water change. Then if the water starts to flow slower than usual out of the pump then clean it.I have had my filter for the same amount of time and it still works perfectly

I have an XP3. I love it. Anyways, what everyone has said is what I'd check, but there's also the othr thing on these filters. If you're using the flow restrictor on the return, make sure it's open all the way. Because if it's not, well, not a lot's gonna flow into it. The other thing, make sure the hose structure has been firmly seated in the top, and make sure the latch is all the way down.

thanks alot i just cleaned it. at least to the best i can. it works a little better i see some things get sucked in it now but i still see things float right buy it too so i think i am going to invest in a wet dry system i have had my eye on one for about 6 months now but the wife will kill me if i bring it home.
thanks
michael

Back
Top Bottom