Dead Coral??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
On monday I went out n got a button polyp. I acclimated it, then used coral dip. It's been 6 days now n I haven't seen any of the polyps come out. Is that normal or is something wrong? How do I know if it died? And if it is dead do I need to remove it from the tank?

If its dead it will shrivel up and disappear in a couple days. If its been six days and looks the same as when you got it just give it some time.

Uah prob not dead but if it is leave it it will get eaten and the "leftovers" are what actually become liverock

When I tried coral and it died my LFS told me to remove it as it would hurt my tank.

Ok well there the experts but in nature live rock is dead coral

try moving it to a different area of your tank. it might not like the flow or lighting it is in

Well to b honest I never acclimate corals of any kind and they always do fine when I do it that way. I have bought everything from SPS to LPS to softies like zoas and shrooms to all kinds and I never acclimate them. I used to to b safe and would have problems with them but ever since I stopped that I haven't had any problems at all. But maybe that's just my luck. I only acclimate fish and inverts including clams and especially shrimp. I have never wanted to mess with all those chemicals to dip corals cuz u never really know what's in them unless ur a scientist lol. But try moving them to any place with low current and try dropping food close by they might open. Good luck man

I just put mine in a bucket and drip acclimate for 10 minutes or so so it's not a total shock when they plop into the nano.

Back
Top Bottom