Debris in Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

franktobia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_0582.jpg

Is this normal for a new pump? I just installed it a few days ago and added water in the tank. This stuff came from the sand or the water from the LFS. Not sure which one but when I poured water in it started floating around. Should the stuff be getting sucked in like that. Right now I have a protein skimmer and two 565 hydor pumps. It doesn't seem like the skimmer is really sucking anything in. IMG_0582.jpg

Skimmers take time to break in before they actually start to work as intended.
As for junk going into the powerheads, it is best to be avoided but unless it is blocking the prop inside from functioning it shouldn't cause any major issues. I'd suggest removing it when you get the chance. Most of us remove stuff from our powerheads when we clean them.

Skimmers take time to break in before they actually start to work as intended.
As for junk going into the powerheads, it is best to be avoided but unless it is blocking the prop inside from functioning it shouldn't cause any major issues. I'd suggest removing it when you get the chance. Most of us remove stuff from our powerheads when we clean them.

ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom