Debunk These Myths My friend is a storyteller.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
My friend who thinks SW is easy has another thing coming. His 75g. has been set up for 3 months. He lost alot of corals and fish probably about 6 corals and 13 fish already. He now has 2 Volitan Lionfish and a Naso tang and Yellow Tang along with an eel that the LPS says that is good for reef and only grows to a foot long tops it is 6" now also 3 clams. The Myths. He thinks that the anenome that he has which "blew up" swallowed a clownfish. He tells me that he feeds his Lionfish out of his hand and pets the bottom of their bellies well now he states that he got stung by it but I agree it is poisonous but I don't believe that he got stung or that he would feed them out of his hand. He also believes that the clam ate his damsel and that his eel ate his clam? He loves story telling so I wanted to laugh when these myths get debunked.

seaham358 said:
He sounds like the kind of person that should not own pets of any kind..

No kidding! I think most of us are kinder to weeds in the yard than this guy is to his pets. There otta be a law!

I can vouch for the hand-fed lionfish. I had a volitan lion for 6 years and then sold it. He was hand fed from about 4 weeks after I got him, till' the day I sold him. He weighed in at about 3-4 pounds when sold. Never would I try to pet his belly, nor had I ever been stung by him.

I bet the lion also ate the clownfish, not the anemone.

This lionfish isn't that big its a small guy but I can't see petting it's belly or handfeeding. The anenomes blew up so no more anenomes. I think the Lionfish should eat him next lkol.

Poor animals. I don't like to see people do things that are harmful to animals, when the animals don't have any control over it.

The "tard" in question here must have alot of $$ to spend if hes losing that many fish.....Maybe he could give me some! :lol: I have heard of people hand feeding lionfish before but petting its belly is just dumb....Poor clownfish.. :cry: People like that is what pisses me off so bad about this hobby.

I have seen his tank the setup looks nice how he arranged his LR and corals but for a tank 3 months established which he placed 3 clams in it during the first month and corals in the first until today. suprisingly the clams look in great condition. The eel is tearing the tank up by moving all over and digging in the sand. From what I have heard his clams will eventually die due to not allowing tank time to establish. It is a shame. His tank had ich and killed all 13 fish. He had 2 anenomes and they blew up with gray matter all over. The lionfish look in good help as due the Tangs. The funny thing is that I have seen his tang eat mysis shrimp and also my yellow tang has eaten it I thought they were herboviores?

Back
Top Bottom