Deep sea tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
What type of stuff is necissary to keep a deep sea tank?-there is a fish that i want that lives 650ft down so its deep sea,what would i need to go from a regular tank to a deep sea tank?

From what I've read temp and lighting needs to be addressed.. and most important the fish needs to be brought up from that depth in stages over a matter of days or it will die from the pressure change and nitrogen build up in the blood

But if afish was brought up slow enough it would survive in a normal fishtank

Sharklover said:
But if afish was brought up slow enough it would survive in a normal fishtank

Yes, if done properly. Its a form of acclimation just like we do for temp and ph, except these creatures need pressure acclimation as well.

As stated temp and lighting are gonna be the only major differences.

Not sure how you plan to get this fish tho unless you plan on paying an arm and a leg.

Yah im lookin at around 1g for a spined pygmy shark,or a pygmy lantern shark,both full grown are around 8"

Sharklover said:
Yah im lookin at around 1g for a spined pygmy shark,or a pygmy lantern shark,both full grown are around 8"

Lol never in my life would i pay anything close to 1g for any fish. Too many many things can happen that kill that 1g in a day. Cool factor is awesome. But i would not recommend this to anyone who is not a fully experienced in saltwater aquaria, and sharks for that matter.

Just tryin to save ya some money;)

Back
Top Bottom