Diamond Watchman Goby in 20g ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I have new cycled 20g with 2 clowns. I run a 50-90g protein skimmer on it...

I know it's recommanded that Diamond Watchman Goby is in 30g+, but is there a possibility that he thrive in 20g ?

Thanks

Yeah!! Go for it I have a watchman goby in my 12gal tank for years. They pair up with pistol shrimps too. I am upgrading to a 80 gal haha

Yeah!! Go for it I have a watchman goby in my 12gal tank for years. They pair up with pistol shrimps too. I am upgrading to a 80 gal haha

It's my first FW tank, and I REALLY enjoy it !!!! High lights, big skimmer, RODI water, no problems :D

I know the guy at the petshop, so I don't have to QT anything (just dipping). I've got few aiptasia, so I put a peppermint shrimp.

The guy sold me "cycled LR"... I didn't trusted him, but after 1 week I was cycled (according to my tests). So I just added 2 clowns to start. Everything fine for 1 month, no ammonia detectable.

I added a frogspawn, birdsnest and a zoa frag. I got aiptasia and hydroids from another LFS. I throwed the frag that contained hydroids, don't want to have shits in my tank.

Now it's running about 1,5 month, I have 6 hermit crab (blue and red leg mix), 2 clowns, 3 corals, and i'm planning a Watchman Goby :)

The reason I asked, is because some fishs require more gallon for SPACE. Some for grounds SURFACE, some for WATER QUALITY... Was curious to know why this fish is rated 30g by most websites. If you say you have it for years, then I think that'll be a good choice :)

My water is jsut perfect
Ca: 480
Mg: 1400
KH 8-10 dKH°

NH3+NH4 0
NO2 0
NO3 0
PO4 0

Thanks for fast reply !

I mean this species

p-71406-diamond-goby.jpg

That's exactly what you have ?

Diamond gobies are awesome, just make sure there's enough substrate in the tank for it to sift and in that small tank it would definitely run out of food in the sand overtime.... try to get it to eat brine or Mysis shrimp or something and it'll be fine :)

Diamond gobies are awesome, just make sure there's enough substrate in the tank for it to sift and in that small tank it would definitely run out of food in the sand overtime.... try to get it to eat brine or Mysis shrimp or something and it'll be fine :)

Hmmm my clowns eat everything hey find... I have 20 pounds LR in 20g + 20 pounds LS.

try to target feed the goby until its used to that sort of food.... when it gets a hand of 'what is food' they are normally the ones that don't give other fish a chance to eat lol

It'll be fine, like previously mentioned, try to get one that'll eat prepared or frozen foods, majority do though. Also, note that they so get 6" in length.

It'll be fine, like previously mentioned, try to get one that'll eat prepared or frozen foods, majority do though. Also, note that they so get 6" in length.

In the worstcase, if it become too big, i'll sell it. Now at the LFS he's 1.5".

Can't wait to buy it :) I think I'll go at the LFS after work.

I bought it, didn't saw it for two days, and I found it on the floor :( Seems that my eggcrate top doesn't do 100% the job... I'll glue a moskitoe net under it and put a plexiglass under my light.

Sorry for your loss :(

Mesh netting will do the job next time, no need for the extra plexi.

The plexi is because I made a big hole in the center to prevent blocking the light photons. And it's blinding to look at the light reflecting on the eggcrate...

499460cidIMG2014011000097.jpg

I plan to put a plexi here and unlift the light a big, so we don't see the circle spot of light :)

Oh okay I understand now lol

Why not build a mesh lid? You won't have any problems with reflecting light and won't need any plexi.

Oh okay I understand now lol

Why not build a mesh lid? You won't have any problems with reflecting light and won't need any plexi.

I will just glue some mesh or moskito net under the eggcrate and downlift my light, so we won't see light reflection :)

Back
Top Bottom