Digital tester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I was wondering if anyone ever used any of those digital testers I think there made by Hanna I just seen they had one for nitrates and I was wondering if they worked and were worth the 50 bucks? I see they have them for ph, phosphate , and about everything else just wondering

I have one fr phos alk and calc I love them and very accurate

These are the best tests. I wish there were more of them. They are accurate and made as simple as possible. The calcium one can seem like there are too many steps, but that is as easy as it can be. Not having to compare colors and have a physical number is great, making it simple to put ppm into a calculator to get things like dkh for alk. Worth every penny.

I use a hanna checker for phosphate. I will eventually get one for nitrate when the wife ain't looking.
I have a salinity probe which came with the tank (worth $150) and I will get a pH probe rather than hanna checker one day as well. Faster and easier for something that I would love to be able to check daily, so worth the money for me. I don't like pH colourization tests as the colour immediately starts to change (goes more acidic) so the result must be taken immediately.
I don't mind titration tests if I'm not testing it every week.

Was looking at them and the nitrate one is not for sw at min as there saying looking into it but been told they been saying it for few yrs now

They only make an expensive nitrate tester. The nitrite one is high sensitivity. I have them all, even the iodine tester. I love them. One of the best investments I made.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I'm gonna start buying one here and there when I can afford it or the wife's not looking lol they would save time and accuracy thanks for all your thoughts

They only make an expensive nitrate tester. The nitrite one is high sensitivity. I have them all, even the iodine tester. I love them. One of the best investments I made.

Can send us link as have only been able find fw ones

Found good site but no nitrate one, might get ph one see what it's like

They only make a lab grade nitrate tester, I think it's about $300. They have been promising a $50 for a while. They don't make a SW ammonia either.

So was speaking to guy in lfs and says there's going be an all in one test probe kind of thing that leave in tank in the pipeline so hope it ain't many years off.

Back
Top Bottom