Digital thermometer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firewrangler81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What brand of digital thermometer do y'all recommend? I work days at a time and my dad can't read the floating one I have now, came home today to my tank being 84°, a dead yellow tang, and green algae covering almost everything, also have a leather coral that I'm not too sure is going to make it. Also will be investing in a chiller in the near future so any suggestions for a 1/4 horsepower unit will be helpful too.

i just get mine from eBay for like $5. never had a problem with it, just gotta clean up the sensor now and again because algae and gunk gets all over it

no idea..... just some cheapo one from china.

its never been unreliable, always working and is quite accurate.

ive got a chiller at the moment that shows the temp on an LCD screen and if I put the thermostat right next to the chiller, they temp comes up practically the same

Thanks, what kind of chiller did you get, wasn't planing on getting one till the summer but the way this winter is going think I'm going to have to spend the money sooner than planed.

I've got the brand Hailea.... works really well. it is fairly cheap compared to other brands but ive never had a problem with it. works really well cooling down the water.

the only downside I have with the chiller... is when it starts working it can be a little noisy.... but I guess you get what you pay for

You might want to invest in a controller like a cheap reefkeeper. The basic unit comes with temp and pH sensor along with timer.

I've been trying to wait for that new controller to hot the market, my lfs was mentioning to me when I started getting all my equipment together, can't remember the brand right off but sounded a lot further ahead than most I've seen for sale.

I have 2 digital thermometers from finnex. I've heard some bad reviews about these but mine have been working perfectly for over a year now and they are very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom