Dive bombing calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I my tank is packed with coral, like I don't know how many more I camn squeeze in...lol. I dosed calcium to 400 on Thursday then left town until today. Now I tested my calcium and it's at 300. Can it naturally drop 100 ppm in my smal (55 gallon) in just 4 days? My alk is always between 8 & 9 and my mag is at about 1400. Ian seeing great growth n my big green slimmer and 3 of my Monty's are also growing really fast. Could it be sucking this much out of the water?

It depends on the tank...but it'd have to be heavily stocked with sps to require dosing to keep levels where they need to be. Without being familiar with your system, I can't really answer that besides knowing that dosing is normally unnecessary as water changes will suffice.

If you do have alot of sps corals it could be going low like that. Oceanic has higher calcium levels. I'm having readings of 500 in my tank.

Ya I have a lot of sps. 2 birds nests growing fast, a plating and 3 branching monti's, a huge slimer, 10 frags of various acros and others, a mili colony, a big acro colony, bonsai not to mention a lot of lps like Duncan's and frogspawn that are growing too. I guess it could just be the coral?

Back
Top Bottom