dnoflagellates i think, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polyppaul

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my tank has been up and running for about a year and a half. its a 38 gal with a sump that contains a reef octopus 150 there is rio 2100 for my return pump. i have a hobcanister for general filtering and adding carbon. i keep a filter bag with phoszorb in it in my overflow box. i runnin 4 3ft ati with reflectors on a fulham workhorse ballast 2 blue plus 1 coral plus 1aqua blue special. there on for 10 hours. about 4 months ago i started getting small white/clear looking hairs about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch long on my powerheads,overflow box. both black and no growth on the bottom of powerheads! i have a koralia 550,240,and 425 on wavemaker. the growth on my rocks is the same way. as the day goes by small air bubbles develop and disapate in the water. it doesnt look like the slimey stringy dino ive seen pics of. ive been doing 10 gal water changes a week for awhile now. i tried the lights out method,lots of carbon method,and even the peroxide method. its not going away or getting worse. but things are not doing as well as they use too. the tank cotains a variety of lps,soft coral and some sps. a damsel a dottyback,brittle star half dozen crabs and snails. i got about 40lbs of live sand and 25 ot 30 lbs live rock! sorry for the length of this but any help would go a long way to keep me from throwing in the towel!

Back
Top Bottom