do clown fish seek out cleaner shrimp? Ando another clown Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't have any cleaners, but my female clown keeps swimming up to my cbs and sorta hovers in his feelers. Then she just waits there, and the shrimp totally ignores her.
Also my female clown seems not to like the male very much. They were sold to me as a pair and hosted in the anemone (that died) together. But she really gets after him sometimes. Is this normal?

The female chasing the male is normal. As long as she not doing damage, I wouldn't worry. As for them seeking out cleaner shrimp, my never has. Maybe she is just showing dominance to the shrimp as well.

maybe she is trying to host the shrimps tentacles.

My maroon and gold clown did that same thing, then when the cbs moved he bit his claw off........... man that fish rocks!

HaHa! I just noticed the title of my thread. Last night the female clown followed the shrimp around for about a half an hour. It was pretty funny. Every once in a while the shrimp would do this lunging thing at the fish, I think he was getting annoyed at being followed.

My clowns didn't want to have anything to do with my cleaner shirmp for a while, then one day i looked in the tank and one of them was right up next to one and you could see the cleaner trying to get those white cotton ball thingies off of him. You could tell it hurt him, cause he would jerk away, then go right back. So i think they do. HTH

Back
Top Bottom