do i feed coral polyps and anems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not sure on the polyps, but i've seen people use a turkey baster and blow mysis shrimp at the nems or possible meat on a stick trick....

We need more info. It really depends on the tank. What fish, how many, how large, what corals, what you are feeding the fish, etc.

29 g biocube
longnose hawk
2 ocelarris
firefish
dottyback
1 fish to be determined
a clean up crew form live aqueria
probalby about 8 coral/ amen / polyp including bubble amen mushroom coral brain coral

Any pics?

If you feed anything I wouldn't just broadcast feed. I would hand feed. I fed my corals and feed the ones at the LFS I work at New Life Spectrum pellets, they love it.

tank is just being constructed, where could i get the pellets
could someone link me a good heater for a biocube

New life spectrum pellets are great. I use them as well and was surprised when my fish went after the pellets more so than the krill. Mysis is still a favorite though.

My Fungiid eats them up, too.

Also, there's better choices than longnosed hawkfish. As far as heaters go, 100 watt fluvals are nice.

I dont feed my corals. Have not for 13+ yrs now. They get all they need with the lighting and water column.

Some do...but mainly those that lack zooxanthallae. Sun polyps are among them, as are Dendronepthya. Really don't need to target feed any but the most demanding of corals.

Back
Top Bottom