Do peppermint shrimp ear copepods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Added copepods to my tank and my 150 has loads of the . I also added the same amount to the 20, and I can't find a lot at all. Do peppermint shrimp eat copepods? How can I stop the. Or what should I do? I want a mandarin in this tank so I need them. Could I put them in my sump?

no they do not eat pods. you are not going to be able to keep a mandarin in a 20 gallon unless you get it to eat prepared foods, or add about a bottle of pods every other day.

Ok thanks. I will be switching rocks off every single day and also have caulerpa in the tank for the pods to reside in. It's also hooked up to the fuge.

Added copepods to my tank and my 150 has loads of the . I also added the same amount to the 20, and I can't find a lot at all. Do peppermint shrimp eat copepods? How can I stop the. Or what should I do? I want a mandarin in this tank so I need them. Could I put them in my sump?

I have a 14 gallon "nano" and had a hundred of copepods visible at any given moment. I added two peppermint shrimp to give the tank some activity and the visible copepod population has decreased to ONE (a really large one.) I don't even see any burrowing in the sand! Except for a couple snails, nothing else has changed in my tank, so I am guessing that the shrimp are gobbling up the day crawling copepods.

THe tank is several years old with no die offs of any sort in the past year.

Back
Top Bottom