Do you ever need to "weed" out ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can you outgrow you tank? Can your coral and stuff get so big that the fish aren't happy? How do you do it? Do you share your clippings? Are they a loss?

Yes they can get to big. When they do you can frag them and trade them to your friends. Maybe a salty can chime in with a faq on fragging. There should be something in the articles section.

On a side note, the title really confused me. I was wondering what smoking pot had to do with SW.

RogerMcAllen said:
On a side note, the title really confused me. I was wondering what smoking pot had to do with SW.

lol, sorry, no weed here, firefighters smoking weed is a bad thing !

I thought you was talking about excessive macro algae growth. I got some grape calurpia that grows like a weed in my 20 gal. If i let it the grape woudl choke out other desirables.

Its very possible to have corals get to big. Since in the wild they are often subject to violent storms that break the corals apart as a natural fragging process or they will split and divide.

Depending on the coral the fragging technique is different. if its a SPS coral often all you have to do is break off a branch or have a pair of plyers and sip off a hunk to frag it. If its a softy coral then you could simply take some snips and clip off a few parts.

Back
Top Bottom