Do you think I can add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 80gal reef with 20gal sump. There are. 3 chromis dragon blennie eyelash blennie yellow spotted blennie ? Type honor six line and marroon clown do u think I can put more fish if so what?

Well since you have got 6 fish and they don't get pretty big, you could probally get 8-10 more fish of similar size at least. Then take it from there.

For fish something like
Wrasses
gobys
blennies
basslets
could even get a yellow tang, but you couldn't have as many fish
Upping the number of chromis?
Cardinals
jawfish

No yellow tang, they need a 6' tank, so 125. Wrasses will tend to fight. Gobys will fight if they look similar (which alot do).

Also blennies with the same body type can fight. The dragon blenny is that a type of scooter blenny?

The yellow spotted blenny I am wondering if it isn't a goby. I seen all sorts of names put on fish that are wrong. My lfs does its best to label fish properly however they are sent surprises all the time.

A maroon clown will limit the type of fish you can put in the tank once it starts showing its aggression.

If you want one larger fish you could go with one of the smaller foxface like the lo foxface Liveaqua says ues with caution but I know several people that have them in their tanks. Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Foxface Lo

I do like wrasses if you look you will see there are several lined wrasses I saw a beautiful 12 line the other day and if I would have had a tank to put it in I would have it today. Yellow coris is another one that is very pretty.
Is the yellow spotted fish a goby?

I lightly stock all my tanks it makes it a lot less stressful it stresses me if my fish get stressed. In an 80 gallon tank I wouldn't put any more than 8 small fish in. If I was doing larger fish maybe I would go as high as 3 large fish but would probably stick with 2. But that is just me. If I put the fox face in with the fish you have I would stop there if I went with smaller fish I would put in another 2 or 3.

I count 8 in the first post not 6, I think. Its a little hard to make sense of with poor punctuation. In a 80 gallon you should have no more than 8-10 fish. Please do not add 8-10 more fish, very poor advice.

To me it sounded like he was thinking of getting a six line and a maroon. HMMMM

I count 8 in the first post not 6, I think. Its a little hard to make sense of with poor punctuation. In a 80 gallon you should have no more than 8-10 fish. Please do not add 8-10 more fish, very poor advice.

Sorry, guess UK varies to the US.

With the stock you have I wouldn't add any more and keep an eye on your maroon clown when it reaches maturity they can be very aggressive, even to a human hand in the tank.

Sorry, guess UK varies to the US.

It does surprise me how much “healthy stocking" varies depending on location. Some of the tanks on youtube in hong kong are just crazy. For long term health of a system I feel like a decent rule of thumb is a 1 fish/10 gallons.

Hinds04 said:
It does surprise me how much “healthy stocking" varies depending on location. Some of the tanks on youtube in hong kong are just crazy. For long term health of a system I feel like a decent rule of thumb is a 1 fish/10 gallons.

Thx and clown already attacks my hand I'm thking about buying a pair and taking her out

In uk it is based more on water params and swimming space.

In uk it is based more on water params and swimming space.

I base mine off inches a fish will get at max size. Lion 15" in a 150 means I got 135 inches left. Bigger fish=less fish. Been working for me so far.

Kio707 said:
I base mine off inches a fish will get at max size. Lion 15" in a 150 means I got 135 inches left. Bigger fish=less fish. Been working for me so far.

1" of fish per gallon is for freshwater, not saltwater. I've always been told 1" per 5 gallons at most.

Tmyboy said:
1" of fish per gallon is for freshwater, not saltwater. I've always been told 1" per 5 gallons at most.

So ur telling me you would only put one V. Lion, 2 O clowns, and maybe a trigger in a 150g??? That's about 150g if you use that formula.

Stocking depends on temperament, swimming space, activity, size, biolaod, etc. there's no formula. Filtration also matters.

Back
Top Bottom