Do you think my colt coral will rcover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

30_gallon_guy

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys iv got my 35 gallon salt tank established for about a year. I run 36 inch marine glow flourecents. About 3 weeks ago my balast died and i had no lights for 3 weeks (a combination of no time or money). During that time i would open to blinds on my bay windows to try and get as much sunlight possible on the tank, anyway after getting a new balast my candycane seem to be ok and look like they will recover, however my colt isnt lookin to too hot its lying on the rock like a limp noodle it looks like theirs still some spores on it. Is their anything i can do to help other than having lights (lol), or do you think its a goner?
let me know
thanks guys
aleks

If youre going to keep corals, you might want to look into a little more powerful lighting. Fluorescents dont provide the light spectrum necessary for almost all corals, ecxept for a couple. Using sunlight for your tank will sometimes cause a really bad algae and overheating issue, depending on how close your tank is to the window. Right now, for your colt, it's a waiting game. I would make sure it has some light water flow on it, but not too much. I hope everything works out for you.

Running a shorten light cycle will help your corals readjust to having light. Too much too fast can shock and kill them. I would recommend starting out w/ the lights on for only a few hours a day and up it an hour or so every few days. Colt corals are fairly sensitive to increases in lighting, but are also very hardy. I would not count it out yet, but keep a close eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom