Does a pistol shrimp mess with cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisB

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does a pistol shrimp (preferably the red banded pitol shrimp) mess with cleaner shrimp (2). I know they should be quite peaceful but I read they will attack smaller shrimp so how small is smaller. Im going for one of those shrimp goby relations. This is also for future reference. I would get one shortly but the type of shrimp goby i want are fairly hard to get.

It pretty much hit and miss of anything bad happening. The odds are in favor of the cleaner shrimp doing quite well though. The only danger would be if they invaded the pistols burrow which is not very likely. Remember that the pistol is blind and does not actually hunt for prey.

Cheers
Steve

I have a pistol shrimp/yellow watchman goby and they are great together. I also have two cleaners, two pepermints, one coral banded, and one fire shrimp. No problems with any of them.

I have a pistol shrimp/yellow watchman goby and they are great together. I also have two cleaners, two pepermints, one coral banded, and one fire shrimp. No problems with any of them.

WOW! There you go then. I see to that Lando has a 72g and you have a 75g. So, sounds like the odds are for you.

I have a Coral Banded, and 3 Peppermints, in a 75g, and they are all fine. I plan on getting some cleaners, and NOW some fire shrimp. :wink:

I just picked up the fire shrimp a couple of day ago. Very cool color and i got a great price on it. I got it for $35. Most places around here sell them for $60-$70, so i could not resist. No problems with any of them. My peppermints hide under the same rock together. My CBS has his territory that he shares with my copperbanded butterfly. He actually cleans my butterfly. My pistol shrimp is with my goby under a rock and the two cleaners and fire shrimp hang out together towards the back of the tank.

Sounds like a shrimpfest!! Red Lobster has nothing on us!! 8)
My Fire and Cleaner Shrimp all hang together too and now one of my new Peppermints hangs near them. Had both my Fire and Cleaners all cleaning my arm and hand the other night, too cool. They are some of the most entertaining animals in my system. :D

im looking to get a yashia white ray shrimp goby. I know they are hard to get but as i said this is for future reference

Back
Top Bottom