does the anemone look ok???? pics enclosed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How much light do you have in your tank? In my old setup years ago I had an anemone that looked very much like that one most the time (sometimes it was large as you say) and the guy at the pet store told me that likelyI didn't have enough light.

Either that or poor water quality.

Not that they always lie...but I usually listen to what my LFS tells me, and then I come here and check...because nobody here has any motivation to lie to you....whereas an LFS _sales_ associate is trying to sell you something. I'm paranoid, but I don't trust them. :)

Are we talking about the tank in your sig?

By my calculations that's only 2.75 watts/gal.

In my case (I was a newbie), I had about 30 watts in a 45 gallon tank, so light definitely was my problem, but it doesn't sound like yours.

I'm always aware of salesmen too. I've spent hours talking to pet store owners, but I always prefer talking to people like you guys with nothing to sell.

Theres no point and moving it, it moves all over the tank constantly, it does what it likes...aside from the color i'm not too worried about it

it has color and the mouth looks nice and tight closed to me it looks like it is fine what color is it supposed to be?

is it eating small pieces of silversides or krill? would it be possible for you to bump you lighting us a tich? if it is moving around a lot it has not found it's happy spot mine tend to like some current but not lots.

im feeding small pieces of shrimp my lfs guy gave to me to feed it? Bump my lighting im comfused, i have a 96 watt powequad kit

Theres no point and moving it, it moves all over the tank constantly, it does what it likes...aside from the color i'm not too worried about it

As mentioned, an anemone that roams the tank is not generally "happy"..as it is actively searching for better conditions than where it is at. This could be lighting, different current, etc. Any chance you could post a pic of how the whole tank looks? I would like to see just how high the rockwork is in the tank. You do not have 4 watts per gallon, but I would think if the rock is high enough...the compact shape of the Powerquad should deliver sufficient lighting if the anemone is up there. This would help eliminate possiblities one by one.

Looks like the rocks don't really go that high. I would think the anemone can't get enough light at the moment. You might think about adding some more rockwork ontop.

I would place some rocks on top so that there would be a bunch of crevices instead of flat surfaces. BTA's will not perch on top of a flat rock. Otherwise, I think lighting would be o.k.

Back
Top Bottom