Does the United States postal service care? Yes they do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sort of, I recieved my frags today(Thanks Hara) ,well actually I had to drive to the main office about 10 miles, You see there was a small problem. Their safe and courtious workers some how smashed the one corner of the box in so far the containers were leaking...So as concerned as they were they opened the box to see what the liquid was coming from the box was... Satisfied it was water they refilled the containers for me and repacked them in the same smashed box they were originally shipped in although I dont think Hara wrapped and taped the box in a yellow supermarket bag to catch dripping water...And this all took 4 days to accomplish when shipped priority mail...sheesh, They could have at most contacted the shipper and said it was damaged by there reliable workers...If there are any postal workers who frequent here dont think this is directed at you unless you work somewhere were this box came though... Thank you for caring so much.... rant over... :roll:

Re: Does the United States postal service care? Yes they do.

by the way todays temp in my area 47 degees great for marine life.

Oh quit your whining...ducks :D
Give them a shot. My frags came in and the water was 66 degrees I only lost one.
If you want a real horror story let me tell you about UPS. :(
Good luck with them. I thought at 66 degrees mine would die but all was well. :)

Brenden said:
Oh quit your whining...ducks :D
Give them a shot. My frags came in and the water was 66 degrees I only lost one.
If you want a real horror story let me tell you about UPS. :(
Good luck with them. I thought at 66 degrees mine would die but all was well. :)

I guess you missed the part where they REFILLED all the containers with water... :lol:

No I read it but forgot. I was busy ducking. :) I guess it is the thought that counts. Are they going to reimburse you for it?

guess you missed the part where they REFILLED all the containers with water...

I missed that the first as well! That would suck!

I was lucky this year. I used USPS mostly but did do UPS once. My boxes always arrived intact. I have heard horror stories for both.

They will not reimburse. It does not matter that the sides of the box had "Fragile, this side up" with a handy little arrow showing them the way. In fact, reefbound mentioned that the lady that gave him the box, turned it upside down to get into it. The bowls were filled with water only halfway so that the frags had air as well. Funny thing, they get to their destination with full bowls of fresh water. I am resending again, insured, even though I was told that it is almost impossible to collect when they screw up. Maybe they will at least be a tad more concerned with the insurance.....

I have collected on a USPS insurance claim but not for coral shipments. Not sure how that would work and don't want to find out.

Back
Top Bottom