Does this wellso look healthy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tkey3425

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Added this wellso today but it was shipped to me and I've never owned brain corals before. Does it look healthy and what signs should I look for

Attachments

• image-3579414978.jpg
    image-3579414978.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 152
Good I've never had one and I ordered this one from a local guy that sells "premium" high end corals. $50 was cheaper than anywhere online anyway. So I snatched this one up

Really nice looking welso! As long as he isn't showing skeleton or turning pale then he should be ok. Mine puffs up during feeding and puts its tentacles out. Eats like a piggy.

$50 for that?!?!? Oh my god thats an amazing deal. Where i live they sell those for $250+

$50 for that?!?!? Oh my god thats an amazing deal. Where i live they sell those for $250+

Yeah I got this wellso it's 4-5" across, 9 heads of bi-color branching hammer and three heads if micromussa for $130 shipped to my door. It's a guy from FL that sells coral on Facebook. Really good guy but he only ships to border states

Wow, amazing prices, where do you live? And what website are you buying these from?

Wow, amazing prices, where do you live? And what website are you buying these from?

Alabama. It's a guy that goes all around Florida buying corals for cheap and reselling them for a normal profit margin rather than getting rich. He is only on Facebook. If you're in the surrounding states he will ship to you where are you from?

Yeah im no where near alabama, i live in the great white north (canada) montreal lol

Well his Facebook page is Eastcoast Epic Reef if you want to look at his selections. He may ship to you for the right price. I got the good deal because I buy a lot off of him. He doesn't carry a lot but his coral is high quality with awesome coloration. Plus his prices are negotiable if you buy a few items at a time.

Thanks! But i doubt that he can ship all the way to me. Even if he can, itll cost an arm and a leg for shipping/duty fees and tax... I wish i lived in florida!

Thanks! But i doubt that he can ship all the way to me. Even if he can, itll cost an arm and a leg for shipping/duty fees and tax... I wish i lived in florida!

Oh yeah he's one of the few that get corals at a deal and sells them to reef enthusiast at a reasonable price. Everything was parasite free as well. Which is better than any coral I've gotten online. Plus free serpent stars came with it haha

I added my wellso yesterday and it looked good. Today I woke up and it was "inflated" I would call it. Is it normal for a brain coral to puff up?

Attachments

• image-2298827930.jpg
    image-2298827930.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 93
Yep thats totally normal

Good I freaked out its like 6" or more across now. Do I have to wait for it to extend it feeler tentacles to feed it or just cut off the flow and let mysis sit on it?

That's an amazing looking coral

It's my dream coral and they were so expensive but I finally found one but my flame angel had to go since he pecks at my LPS I added. Sad day but this coral is worth it to me

Not completely sure. Turn off the flow and just put the food near its mouth. Dont shove it in the coral lol i dont think the feeder tentacles NEED to be out for it to eat.. Try it and if it doesnt eat feed it when the tentacles are out!

lol i dint plan to force feed it but good suggestion :) I have wanted a brain coral ever since i started my 55 in 08. Now that i have my 180 I finally go extra room to add it.

My brain will eat anytime. Feelers or not. Yours has such amazing color it sure makes this one look drab lol.

Attachments

• image-1402670220.jpg
    image-1402670220.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 71
  • image-445484521.jpg
    image-445484521.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom