Dofleinia armata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scientific: Dofleinia armata
Common: Armed Anemone
Origin: Australia, East Africa, Indo-Pacific, Polynesia, Red Sea, West-Pazific
Size: up to 25 cm
Temperature: 53.6 °F - 82.4 °F (12°C - 28°C) Feeding: Brine Schrimp Nauplii, Brine Schrimps, Cyclops, Daphnia salina, Detritus, Fisch Brood, Fish (little Fishes), invertebrates, Krill, Mysis, Schrimps, zooplankton
Tank: 109.99 gal (~ 500L)
Degree of difficulty only for advanced aquarists

The German name "Armed Anemone" comes from the launchable nematocysts of the sea anemone, which can easily penetrate human skin and which results in fierce and strong burning pain for months, so caution in dealing with these animals! These animals live in sandy or muddy bottoms in the sunlight zone of the sea. Dofleina armata is not a symbiosis anemone; it needs regular fresh food in the form of small fish, invertebrates, zooplankton and detritus, and carrion, because it has no zooxanthellae. More information can also be found in Mergus Seawater Atlas Volume 4, page 288 and Volume 5, page 301.

So far thats all i could find aswell, not much info there ha? It does stick to my fingers like crazy, freaky feeling

Ya i put a bag on my hand for the first time in 3yrs before putting it in my 55g! The things tentacles stuck to the plastic bowl i was acclimating him in, thats crazy

I bought a Condy a couple months ago that will be going soon. It stays in one spot for a few weeks and then decides to move. It's going to be gone soon.

Had one about 3 years ago got rid of it when my clowns and gobies went missing I fed it silversides 2x week and a hunk of table shrimp now and then Use a feeder wand they can give you one nasty sting

Cool to feed though it's wicked fast when grabbing food

Back
Top Bottom