done with suicidal gobies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackdp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Don't get me wrong, I love the little guys...lots of personality, fun to watch, easy to keep. I just had my second goby in about 6 months jump out of the tank to his demise. What makes it even more maddening is I think I was in the room doing a water change when it happend and just didn't notice in time. I took the eggcrate off of the tank for about 15-20 minutes to do the change and that's all it took. It was also my fiance's favorite fish. I think I am giving up on gobies, maybe they just need a tank bigger and deeper than a 20 long...I don't know...

23_11_41.gif

I've had my yellow watchmand for a year, only jumped once, and luckily it was into the fuge.

lol that is one vary lucky watchman reefrunner. mine really dose not move unless you spook it but then it just runs to it rock and climbs in and sticks its head out. or when it is feeding time he always comes out he loves to eat. but i am vary sorry for you loss.

Maybe if I put a few sumps all around the 20 main tank...kinda like a moat, then there can be no escape...I really thought I had it settled with the eggcrate :x

Gobies are not the only ones to jump. My Clarki Clown became so enthusiatic at feeding time that he lept right out of the tank and onto the floor. Fortunately I was right there to scoop him up and get him back into the tank. No worse for the wear, but I think that he was as surprised as I was. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom