Dont we love waking up to tank noises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaketit

Aquarium Advice Freak
Cool. I woke up this morning right before my alarm went off to a loud vibration noise. Anybody want to guess what it was?

It was my nem that got sucked into the power head. Tank is cloudy as hell, looks like all the corals are having a huge breakfast ?. My protien skimmer is going ape, I got a 5 gallon bucket for it to dump into. I changed out my filter sock and I'm going to the lfs as soon as they open to get some water. Now I just got to figure out how to get the rest of the nem out of the hydor. Of corse this happens we are having a house party this week end. It never fails,the tank always looks like crap when people come over.

It's a shame too. After 2 months of the nem moving all over the place and me moving corals out of its way it finally settled into a place that it seemed to like for about 2 weeks than this. :(

Thats a bummer are you running carbon to remove any toxins? build a box out of eggcrate to encase the power heads it will prevent future mishaps

Yes I am running carbon. As of now the tank looks fine after the water change and protein skimmer. I made the mistake of getting a clown to get a nem and I'm not a fan of them. My clown seems to always host or mess with my candy cane coral. So that's why I keep getting nems. But no more I'm done with them for now. As for the clam I'd love too but I'm not sure clowns host them.

image-2802439134.jpg

image-14767954.jpg

I could never trade this little guy in he is an OG and he is so pretty :)

Back
Top Bottom