Dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a dosing calculator that tells you what you need to keep your parameters at a particular level? BRS just tells you what you need to get it there.

Got this off foster smith. Hope,it helps.

Attachments

• image-2486434687.jpg
    image-2486434687.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 81
Thx but I know what the levels should be I was wanting to know a formula to keep them at certain levels

Hardridge said:
Thx but I know what the levels should be I was wanting to know a formula to keep them at certain levels

The formula?

Hmmmm... I'd say testing your water parameters and seeing where there at. Levels will depend on needs, so as far as a formula I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer here.

You knob what the levels should be, so we test to make sure they are good, if not we dose and then test to see where we are at.

Example, I haven't dosed anything for almost 6-7 months, then I had a burst of coral growth and now I have to dose 2 part. I use B-ionic 2 part and I've been dosing now 8mL's every night to get my calcium and alkalinity up.

So again I don't know if the "formula" would be the correct word.

Again the only way to know I by testing and keeping an eye on things.

Plus your water changes supply more then you may think, I got away with just that for months. Now my corals demand more since there growing and sucking all the nutrients up.

Hope this makes sense and helps

Yeah you're right it changes so there can't be a set formula. Sometimes it's easy to over think things.

Hardridge said:
Yeah you're right it changes so there can't be a set formula. Sometimes it's easy to over think things.

Haha it's this hobby? Your 100% correct it is soooo easy to over think things. Keep it simple and enjoy it ;)

Back
Top Bottom