dosing kalkwasser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

hi..i have a 20 gallon resevoir for my automatic topoff. is it possible to add the kalk mix with the RO water in my resevoir so it automatically doses the water and the kalk at the same time? will it clog up my pump (aqualifter)? thanks

I don't think it will work too well like that because when you dose kalk, you only want the liquid part in the middle and top.....not the stuff on the bottom. It might work if your "out hole" was an inch or so about the bottom, but then you'd have to dump the bottom part out. I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain.

Like Dr. Nate said, you don't want the kalk actually getting into the tank. You could put the pump on a small stand inside the resevoir so that the pump is above the settled out mixture. This would ensure that only the liquid gets dosed.

fji, you want a kalkwasser reactor, aka kalkwasser stirrer, aka nielsen reactor. google it...

I actually am doing what you propose without any adverse effects. I have about a 4 gallon container that has a PH in it. I mix up the water let it sit for a few hours, then pour all the water off the top into the auto topoff container. I think the bigger water volume you have, the less likely you are to mess things up. I have a 125g for reference. ;)

Back
Top Bottom