Doughnut Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea he seems good but am I right in letting my new sump cycle for a couple weeks before adding it to my system? Or is it ok to add right away? It's only 29gl prob around 15-20 gl of actual water in it

IMO if the sump isn't adding any new biological load, there is no reason for a cycle. As long as you match the new sump water with the existing tank water, in ph, temp, salinity, you can open the system slowly and let the waters mix.

Ok so the coral has been doing great until yesterday it would not open during the day check all my parameters are good...0,0,0 8.2, 1.024. I had a fish pass about three or four days ago and had my lfs check my water and they said it was all good so I'm pretty sure my test kits are reading good. I forgot to take a picture before work but it just pretty much puts its tentacles away and doesnt stretch out...also at night it's tentacles come out and it did eat last night. Any help would be great thanks!

No I had everything checked at the lfs at everything was good 0 on everything 0 phosphates 440 calc 8.3 ph 10 dKH so I have no clue and all my other corals are coming out fine the mushrooms are full out the hammer an frogspawn are out galaxia is out and brain coral not fully recovered but doing ok and all fish eating and swimming around the tank...I just started yesterday and at night it's tentacles came out and ate

I just posted another thread about it theres some pics in thete

So I found a rubberband and in my tank removed it last night and the coral is open and back to normal. Could this really be something that caused my coral closing and possibly my fish dying?

Any ideas on something to replace my longnose hawkfish?

I love hawk fish too. But I have lost several long nose by jumping. Even a crack in the top they can somehow get thru. The flame hawks can be bullies and aren't above eating tiny fish or anything else they can swallow. Won't bother the corals though, other than sitting on them.

I have coral banded shrimp and my cuc and I loved my longnose too he was always swimming around...I have been looking into Blennys I like the Midas Blennys or an algae Blennys but don't know if they would be ok in my 55? Or if they would have a issue with my goby

acolotto said:
I have coral banded shrimp and my cuc and I loved my longnose too he was always swimming around...I have been looking into Blennys I like the Midas Blennys or an algae Blennys but don't know if they would be ok in my 55? Or if they would have a issue with my goby

I have both but in a larger tank. They get along fine and are some of my favorite fish.

Yea but would they be fine in a 55? Im leaning more towards the Midas Blennys...or anyone have have a preference of the algae or Midas?

acolotto said:
Yea but would they be fine in a 55? Im leaning more towards the Midas Blennys...or anyone have have a preference of the algae or Midas?

My Midas stays up at the top of the reef to the middle of it, while my lawnmower is almost always on the bottom, or midway up. They ignore each other totally.

Back
Top Bottom