Dragon Goby - Amblygobius Phalaena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bioteacher

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have information on this fish? I saw one at the lfs but didn't get much info on him.he was pretty awesome looking and different from other gobies in that he was swimming in the water column rather than sitting on the substrate. The one I saw were really busy sifters.

I know plenty about this fish! i have one myself. they are very interesting your right. also easy to take care of.

I know plenty about this fish! i have one myself. they are very interesting your right. also easy to take care of.

I've heard they are brackish water. If this is the case how do you find dealing with a brackish tank?

FishontheRock said:
I've heard they are brackish water. If this is the case how do you find dealing with a brackish tank?

Well...from my knowledge a Dragon Goby, or Violet Goby, is. But judging by the scientific name listed I'm assuming that's not what the OP saw...

Yeah, it was listed as a dragon goby at the lfs, but common names are often wrong. I started with that during my Internet search. Found mostly stuff about that brackish snake looking fish, but eventually found some pix and info about the fish that I saw. That is why I provided the scientific name.

KatyKat said:

Is yours a good sifter? I want this fish to be functional In helping to stir my sandbed.

Does your eat flake/pellet/mysis/algae?

Back
Top Bottom