Dragon Wrasse is Sleeping During Feeding Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flanque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,

I have a dragon wrasse which buries itself from around 4:00PM each day. I get home about 5:30-6:00PM at which time I feed my fish. The dragon wrasse is under the sand and doesn't have the opportunity to feed.

There is nobody at home during the day to feed it. What can I do?

No it is not. I leave pretty early. Any ideas?

my firefish is the same way. He is sleeping when I feed at 6am
he used to miss feedings popping out of his rock after everyone ate all the food.

What I did was feed the serving over a few minutes.
feed a little bit of the serving and while everyone is feeding
let a few minutes pass. then feed a little more. wait a few minutes.
usual the FireFish is scrambling for food before I finsh the serving.
Once he is out and about I try to target the food his way.

Also, how good is your lighting since my wrasse once it;s starts darkening or thier is sudden loud noises they get spoked and hide.

My lights do not turn off until around 9:30pm. They turn on around 1:00pm. The lights are brand new, one white, the other blue. I will confess that one of them is a little low on wattage, but it is most certainly bright enough to light the room up a nice bluish haze.

My wrasse completely buries itself and I don't feel like poking around the sand to find him since I might injure him.

Any thoughts on what I can do?

When I feel it's usually slowly over a 10 minute period so that I can be sure all of the food gets eaten by the fish and not floating around pointlessly.

Again, any thoughts on what I can do?

I can only suggest to either turn the lights on earlier and feed him before you go to work or when you feed the tank, do the feeding thrugh a 5 minute period slowly releasing food every minute in order for him to come out and then he will eat.
Also, try garlic or Entice in order for him to come out of hiding and eat.

Back
Top Bottom