Drawf Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschnuck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for opinions on placing 2 drawf angels in a 55 gallon FOWLR tank. Looking at a Coral Beauty and then either a Yellow Angel, Lemonpeel, or Rusty Angel.

Live aquaria says use caution, LFS says given the types i am looking at says shouldnt be a problem, and then i've read on here only 1 drawf.

Thanks

In a larger system maybe. But in a 55 I think would would run into some aggression problem. IMO

In a 55 you may be okay, you may not. It really depends on the fish themselves. Just make sure you have plenty of LR so they can both have their own space.

The tank has @ 80lbs (maybe more) of live rock, basically split into 2 sections. They are seperated by @ 6 inches of just sand in between them. Built it this way thinking maybe i could get the more territorial fish to have their own areas once they are added. May not work but it looks cool currently.

Put them in at the same time and watch closely, They will chase and nip for a couple of days (mine did, Coral and flame) and then they should be fine, BUT if the "fighting dosen't stop in a couple of days then you have to seperate them.

Back
Top Bottom