Dry rock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefer4eva

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm hope someone can give me advice on what I think I'm doing is the right thing.i have an established mixed reef 34 gallon solana that been setup for almost 3 years.i made this very unique bonsai tree aquascape that I already completed,all the dry rocks where bought from bulk reef supply and also had a muriatic acid bath to remove any dead organisms or future algae blooms(as I heard from others that BRS pukani rock has done)so the rock structure is spotless clean.my problem is being that it is clean and there is no reason to cure it i plan on taking out all the established live rock that is currently in my tank putting in the bonsai tree aquascape(as it is all one structure)and put in a few pieces of the live pukani rock back in the tank to properly seed the new rocks.my other problem is I have to put all my coral back in the tank as I do not have another tank.will this process work without anything dying?after all there shouldn't be any die off of anything as the dry rock is clean and the live rock is established.opinions please!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 92
I can see a mini cycle happening if you cant put all of the old rock back in to seed the new rock The coral should be fine Im just thinking about the loss of your bacti base when removing most of the old rock

Back
Top Bottom