duncan coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phantomtiger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just picked up a single frag of a duncan coral but im having a hard time finding a good site with info on them. he's a very strange little creature. i've never actually watched a coral relocate itself like an anenome like this one. he crawls all over. sometimes even on the side of the glass. has anyone ever kept one? does it take them long to find a spot they like?

i tried liveaquaria. he is now attached to the side of the glass all the way up by my filter. which is odd, since it says they prefer low to moderate lighting?

A friend of mine has one and he started with two heads and a year later it has grown to 14 heads. They grow very fast if you feed them. Some say they like low light but I think that the more light they get used to the nicer the colors on them get.

Your Duncan is being tossed around with the current. It is going to get sucked into your filter. Glue it to a nice size plug and it will grow really fast.

Gonna need a picture... Duncans don't move (unless like thincat says it's just floating around in your tank!) and they definitely don't crawl. Sounds like you have an anemone!

I'd be curious to see a picture of it. My duncans have a hard white skeleton that the heads grow from.

here's what my duncan looks like....does yours look the same?

img_997503_0_b6037850390714a801858f386b511afa.jpg

it does- and i think he finally picked a spot. i can't post pictures because the USB ports on my computer don't work. it sucks :(

No... really... they don't! If yours moves, then it's not a Duncan! Duncans are stoney corals with a skeleton. They don't have a foot. Where you place it is were it lives. Period. I'd suggest you find a way to get a picture posted so we can figure out what exactly you have!

You might have been cheated out of a Duncan coral and been given some kind of expensive hitch hiker anemone like aiptasia or a mojano.

Back
Top Bottom