Dusty water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got little bits of something and hair Algae in my tank float around how do I stop this and get clearer water plz help

Is there a particle filter or floss anywhere in the filter system? Is this a fish or coral system? In a coral system, a few floaters in not necessarily bad as the coral feeds on tiny micro bits of food.

I understand. Saltwater hobbyists have tanks that are usually either fish only (lower requirements for success) or living reefs full of coral. If you have ever been on a real reef, you will find the water full of small particulates, much of this matter is usable food for filter feeders like coral. In a fish only system, these particulates can be filtered out without harm as the fish could care less. A fine filter is used in the system to capture these tiny floaters.

In order to catch the floaters, you need to place a filter pad or floss material (at your LFS) somewhere in your filter so the water runs thru it.

I got one but it not fine maybe it should be finer ??

Back
Top Bottom