dwarf angel compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kb322

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
under their descriptions for dwarf angels, Marine Depot Live states that two pygmy angels can be kept in the same tank as long as it is larger than 75 gallons. I've never seen this stated as the case before. Has anybody had any success in doing so? My tank is 120 gallons and I just love dwarf angels like the lemonpeel and flame and halfblack and to be able to get 2 of these 3 would be a dream come true.

As I look at what Liveaquaria says all I can find on those is where it says"They adapt well to aquarium life, but should be kept in an established system and housed with dissimilar genera. " Usually what that means to me is as long as they are not almost the same shape and color you`ll probably be OK.

I think they would be fine, espessially of a tank that large. Because they would all be able to have a wide "territory", , but thats just my two cents

melosu58 said:
As I look at what Liveaquaria says all I can find on those is where it says"They adapt well to aquarium life, but should be kept in an established system and housed with dissimilar genera. " Usually what that means to me is as long as they are not almost the same shape and color you`ll probably be OK.

How would you rate a mimic tang against my tank..

Coral Beauty
Perc clown (one only)
Orange tale damsel
Six bar wrasse

I guess as far as the bio load he would be OK but tangs like alot of swimming room. Thhats why I suggest the 6 ft long tanks but I do know people that have them in 120 gallon tank.

I'm really looking for a nice active yellow coloured fish. Could you recommend one or several if they're small enough to have?

Along with my Flame Angel, I also had a Coral Beauty at the same time. I had to return the Coral Beauty to my LFS because I caught him nipping at my Bubble coral multiple times. My Flame Angel and the Coral Beauty never faught with each other, however my Powder-Blue Tang was pretty rough with him at first. I have a 95 gal tank, and I never saw any aggression between the two dwarf angels -- only between the flame angel and the powder-blue tang. HTH.

A yellow tang would be a good addition to a 120 gallon. I was thinking you were taliking about one of the high stress tangs. But I`ve promised myself no more angels in my reef tank so I`m not going to recommend to someone else who wants corals for fear down the road it might happen to him. But yes the yellow tang would be good. Maybe even a Kole tang also.

I have a Bi-colored and a coarl beatuy in my 75g and they are perfectly fine... There was a few bumps and bruises on day one but i moved the rocks and turned off the light for 24hrs and they are just fine for a year now. I wouldnt even say they have territorys they graze near each other and feed with no issues Im going to upgrage my tank to a 125 soon and i hope to add a flame as well WE WILL SEE

Back
Top Bottom