Dwarf angel hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I added a new bi colored angel to my tank and it has done nothing but hide for the past week. I know thats pretty normal for other fish but I've never seen that shy behavior in Angels before.

The parameters in my tank arent out of whack and the only thing i have that would pick on him is a grumpy engineer goby, however there were no signs of damage or illness last time i saw him. It just appears to be extremely shy.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

This is a typical behavior of most every dwarf Angel when first put into a tank. They take time to get used to new things. If you see the fish eating or picking at algae on the rock or decor in the tank, I wouldn't be too concerned.

it took my dwarfs a black and white , coral beauty , and flame angel about 2 weeks each to get comfortable , all 3 were added at same time each hid in its own place once they slowly came out
all 3 became close now they swim the tank together with no aggression towards one another ,

some angels are more shy than others but once they get over that they really bring the tank to life you could try just running the blues until he get used to his new surroundings , the bright lights can be stressful and may be what keeps him hiding

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom