Ebay cheap PC lighting !!220W $89.99 buy now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW that may be worth picking up just to have around when I upgrade :)
Thanks for pointing it out.

Doan

Seems too good too be true :roll: Any word on quality of the ballasts/bulbs? When something seems too good to be true....it usually is but I'll be quiet for now :wink:

ya I was thinking,but I mean for the price and being that there are others as cheap as I am it would be worth a shot.

These have been around for awhile. I have had mine running for about 5 months. They are decent but do generate a little bit of heat and only have one cord so you cannot have the daylights and the actnics on a separate timer. Hell, I think I paid less for the one I got. :)

I considered adding another one but I think the heat would cause a problem.

I first had mine on a glass top. Heated my water up badly. Then I built a canopy that rasied the light about 3-4" off the water. Heat problem solved.

My light sits flush with the top of the light so the switches are exposed. We used 1x6's for the surround and I use 2 1x6's to fill in the gaps on either side of the light.

If it was a bit tall, I could get an 80mm PC fan in ther no problem. I could get a 60mm but it is not a problem for me. I can smell the fixture when I come into the house so I know it gets warm. I am not sure about that fan but anything would work. I think most people just put an exhaust fan on. I saw one pic recently that had a small desk fan in there ... :)

Back
Top Bottom