Ebay LEDs 120w Dimmable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I'm finally ordering my LEDs off ebay and I'm I just have a few questions. Firstly, does anyone have the full spectrum unit? I'm unsure whether to get the blue/white or full spectrum.

Also, I'd rather not put holes in my ceiling and my stand is pretty cheap and is soon going out the door so I don't really wanna drill into that. I was thinking of just laying the unit over egg crate or a mesh top. Would this work? Or would I get a bunch of shadows?

Oh, and does anyone know a good seller? I finding it at about 170$ shipped to canada and can't find cheaper.

Thanks guys :)

Woops, forgot to mention it's going over a 18" high 17 gallon and eventually over a 35 cube.

I installed a deep shelf over my tank and hang the lights from that.

You can also use a plant hanger. Something like this screwed to the wall behind the tank-
Scrolled-plant-hanger-large.gif

I might consider the shelf idea. I don't know, I might even just drill into the ceiling since the new 35 is gonna end up being there anyway. Is there any downside to running it directly above the tank on egg crate or something temporarily?

It's just awful close to the water to have a fixture IMO. The farther away from water the better for electrical components IME. I do think that it may have some shadowing on the edges if it's sitting right above the water. I always kept mine at least 8" or so away.

Alright, so I might as well just drill into the ceiling. Anybody know how long that hanging kit usually is?

The hanging kit that comes with most of these lights are awful. I used the base clips and replaced the rest with chain from Home Depot.

Back
Top Bottom