Ebay power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does or has anyone ever used the cheap eBay power heads? I can get 2 800gph ph's for 23$.. Is it worth buying or passing?

Make sure they are the right electrical input and the right plug. I almost bought some that were 220v.

Never thought of that.. These are sold in the US... Just wondered if they lasted. Or short out in the tank?

I have bought 2 of the sunsun brand powerheads off eBay and they both work great. One of them
Wouldn't come on after I had left it out of the tank for a while, but after pulling the impeller out and getting some junk out, it started right up.

Only think to watch out for is, like mentioned above, make sure you get the right plug, and I noticed on the second ph I bought, it was advertised in gph but was actually in lph so a pretty big difference in the amount of water it was supposed to move, but still does a great job

I had some from eBay, my personal experience is they shoot out a very strong current in just one area or strait informs of them. I went and bought some Hydra Koraline power heads/wave maker and they make a huge difference. Wide spread and a nice gentle current. Though the price of
them are $70 a piece. For a fish only they work wonders. For reef I can see future difficulties.

I have had problems with cheap power heads trying to electrocute me. Bought some from Marineland Supply and both flooded and put current in the water.

Iv'e found that the suction cups let go and then they blow the sand all over :facepalm: I glued magnets to mine they stay put now (y)

Iv'e found that the suction cups let go and then they blow the sand all over :facepalm: I glued magnets to mine they stay put now (y)

Exactly happens to me too!! What adds it would make!!! Ugh

I haven't had those problems with my sunsuns, but I did read a lot of reviews about them doing that.. To be fair though, one twin powerheads is more or less resting on a rock (I planned it that way) and the other one I now use to mix saltwater with and just stick it on the bottom.. Sometimes it comes off but just floats around the top.. Never had any issues with it when I was using it in the tank though

Back
Top Bottom