Ecosystem filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone had any experience with the Ecosystem filters developed by Leng Sy? I'm thinking about trying one soon.

They work pretty good. I set up a 180 for a local pharmacist using one about 2 years ago. The tank is very healthy and everything is growing great! I did however stick a remora pro on there just tomake my self feel better. The skimmer pulls very little! Only thing i do not like is the amount of detritus that setles in the water intake chamber. But a good wet/dry vac can take care of that every 6 months or so! I will sat the macro does grow super fast in that mud!!

I wonder if you could, in lieu of the bioballs in the intake chamber, use either a filter pad or a bag to trap the trash. That would make it easier to remove and the caulerpa should take care of any nitrates that are produced although I doubt nitrate production would be any higher than it is with the balls in place. I was kinda leaning towards a DIY setup that maybe incorporated the best aspects of the Berlin and Eco in one.

logan ya could always use a pvc tube to hold the bio-balls and then dump into the fuge ! not sure the room you have or willing to make but could use any size tank and just buy the mud if thats the big secret of the system ! after using a 55 gallon for a fuge i love it ! now that my 125 is about ready i will have 2 55 fuges ! one will be lit 24/7 the other i was thinking of just alot of lr rubble and keep it dark for pods :) even though pods grew great in my 24 lit fuge :) but i see when its all set up that i would really like to try a few seahorses or pipe fish but someone told me a 55 is way to big ?!?!? so if thats true ill add a 20 or something lolol

Back
Top Bottom