Eel home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

possum

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just put a peice of PVC pipe in my tank and buried it with sand a placed some LR over the top of it to hide it. The eel really likes his new home (although it was intended for the engineer goby). I was thinking about getting some more pipe and some elbow joints and making him a kindof luxury home. The question is do i need to find a way to circulate the water through the pipe or will the eel swimming around in it do enough. I dont want the water to become anaerobic and possibly kill my eel. Thanks

If you put a whole lot more under the sand though, doesnt that mean that your going to be less likely to see him?

My suggestion would be to leave what you have in there. The eel wants to hide so he can feel safe and so he can dart out if a shrimp sandwich swims by. I don't think you'll gain anything by adding to the structure. Mine doesn't have it so good...he had to find a hole in the rocks and make do :mrgreen: .

thing is the pipe is just big enough for him now. He is gonna grow and i wanna go ahead and get it built so i wont have to do it later.

you'd be surprised what they can fit into. i'd say he will be fine with what you have even as he grows. :wink: unless you have like a green moray or honeycomb they get pretty big.

Back
Top Bottom