Elegance coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got an Elegance about a month and a half ago. It has been really nice, opening up with really long tentacles during the day. A couple of days ago I noticed it looked alot smaller than usual and it wasn't opening. Now the coral opens up fine, but the tentacles are way smaller. It's just a short tentacle elegance now I guess?? Anybody know if this is a normal thing for Elegance corals to do...or is it dying??

Approx. monthly the Elegance is known to shrink up and expell all its water.. Kinda like Leathers Shed.. It is normal for them to stay like that for a few days and then they should come back to normal.. IMO it looks pretty good however Myself and lots of others have had hard times trying to keep them allive longer than a month or 2.. Mine made it just about how long yours did.. I found that there really isn't much that can be done for the elegance once its on its path to death... Some say that they like "dirty" water but who knows..

HTH<
James

Jeez, I can't believe these things only last a month or two!! That sucks, I paid 50 bucks for him :x Oh well, thanks for the quick reply James :wink: What do you mean "dirty" water??

Has anyone else out there had better luck with Elegance Corals? Can they live more than 2 months?

Thanks
-Mike

Jeez, I can't believe these things only last a month or two!! That sucks, I paid 50 bucks for him :x Oh well, thanks for the quick reply James :wink: What do you mean "dirty" water??

Has anyone else out there had better luck with Elegance Corals? Can they live more than 2 months?

Thanks
-Mike

James What do you mean "dirty" water
such as No Skimmer...

There are ppl out there that are able to keep them but Its also said to depend where exactly the collection is.. Some say the old Hardy ones were shallow water and the ones Dying now are Deep Water.. Its kinda hard to say whats going on at this point.. I understand How you feel as I did the same and mine died as well..

James

hmm I have no skimmer (though I may actually get one), and have a 250 MH with 2X55 watt PC 03 actinics for my 45G tall main tank, which has a 29 gallon refugium. Think this beauty would have a chance of living past a couple months in my tank? I guess its anyone game at this rate :wink:

Back
Top Bottom