Elegance coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering who has ever had an elegance. And how did it fair in your tank? I've been told it'll die.. I went to a fish store last Saturday and the guy had 3. One in each display tank. I asked him what he thought and he said they are very easy to keep. I told him I was told there hard to keep and he said there wrong. I really want one. But not if it'll die.. I know they need room. I have that.. What's your thoughts?

I read an article a few months ago (forget where.. Tropical fish keeping mag maybe?) That elegance corals had gotten a bad rep for being hard to keep years ago before many of the products and techniques used in the hobby today were around, which makes them much easier.. I see them around a lot so I doubt they can be that difficult. I want to try one myself soon.

The guy said they feed themselves. U can only target feed if you want. So if that's the case. I don't know why they would be that hard

My LFS has one that takes up a third of a 75 gallon. It is gorgeous. I am thinking if they grew it to that size then they can be kept, as for how easily I have no idea.

From the knowledge I have picked up about these guys is that it depends where they are coming from. If it isn't an Aussie elegance, current life expectancy is low.

Back
Top Bottom