emerald crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
how are these will they kill my shrimp or zebra hermits or snails i want one but want to make sure he is not a killer thanks

They are "supposed" to be safe. I have 3 that have never killed snails/crab/s or shrimp yet. I think they are supposed to be omnivores.

I have a couple that are now getting to be about 3 inches across. First time I ever had them grow so large. They haven't bothered a thing. When I feed, they come tearing out from wherever they are hiding and grab for the food. But to this point, they haven't bothered the peppermint shrimp, coral banded shrimp, or anything else.

I watched two of them yesterday wrestling for food, but they didn't even seem to be violent with each other. I'm not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere that with their claws shaped as they are (sort of rounded), that they aren't supposed to bother anything.

All I know is as long as I have emerald crabs, I have no bubble algae.

I have 4 in a 55 gal., they are awesome cleaners!, they each have their own live rock, sometimes they can fight for the spot they are on, but nobody ends up dead.

Back
Top Bottom