Emerald crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I lost polyps off my xenia and some of my shrooms got shredded. Steve-s told me to watch for a predator and sure enough, it came back to the scene of the crime and was definately pinching my mushy's. I took it out and I have two left which I am watching pretty close. Anyone had a bad expeirence with these guys?

I have two emerald crabs and they eat nothing but algea. I have an orange ball sponge that was covered with algea. Put the crabs in and one took to it within seconds. Now it is all clean and orange again.

I got one for free on a polyp rock at the LFS. First sign was the xenia shrinking. I caught him in the act one morning.

He was removed. Only crabs I have now are porcelin crabs.

Thats what was happening in mine, now one of the stalks started pulsing again :D . I have two more, but so far they don't seem to be messing with my corals. Hopefully it stays that way, because I do enjoy the benifits of this crab.

Yeah mine too! I had posted a tpoic here that I was getting a whitening on my rocks and was told it was bleached corraline. But after watching one of them tear apart my purple corraline leaving white marks, I think it was them. It would make sense since I think it started happening after they went in. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom