Engineer goby/convict goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josh1158

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any one have problems with these eating your other fish? Any new fish that I put in the tank and tries to hide in the rocks disappears.

My engineer goby is a sweetheart. I have clown gobies in with him and have had no issues at all. he is about 5 inches long now, way bigger than the gobies and yet he runs away from them if they come near him. lol

Mine is bigger then that. He was fine untill I switched to a bigger tank. Now every fish I have put in there that is smaller then him has disappeared. So far I'm up to 4 green chromis which only took 3 days. A royal gamma and one of the bar gobies I got yesterday. I was thinking it may be a hitcher crab but there going way to fast for a crab.

Mine was about 7 in, and never even noticed most small fish. I had 3 neon gobies, and they would practically sit on it, but he never really cared. I would look for something else, before I blame him. When I had him, the only thing he ever did was gulp down one of my sexy shrimp. :(

The only other fish in the tank is a wwatchman goby pistol shrimp pair. They stay on the other side of the tank in the area that is more sand. I can't think of anything else it could be.
I do have a red serpent start but, I can't see it eating fish that fast. One here or there yeah.

Back
Top Bottom