Enough light for clam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brund

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have metal halide lights that are 130 PAR at 12 inches (but the clam would be at about 16 inches (I don't know how many PAR that would be. Does anybody know?

A broad guideline would be How many watts and how many gallon tank? It`s good to know it`s a MH. Also need to know what type clam?

Starting at: $269.99

Sleek AquaticLife Compact Fluorescent Aquarium Lighting Fixtures deliver complete 24-hour reef lighting. Energy-efficient Compact Fluorescent Bulbs deliver 460 and 700+ nm light to blanket your reef with the required spectrums. 1W Lunar lights provide ideal nighttime viewing.

These are the lights I'm wondering if they are strong enough for a clam...

6,000K white and 60mW blue LEDs Sunlight and moonlight modes Energy-efficient 1 watt and 60mW LEDs Polycarbonate lens
Slim profile
17,000 lifetime hours
Low voltage, single power source Flexible mounting system One-year performance warranty

These are the lights I'm wondering about...

29 gallon tank, tridanca clam, light description below...they are LED lights....not sure why I put metal halide!

Enought light for clam

Well I totally messed up the last thread and tried to edit which apparently can't be done. These are the lights I have, with a 29 gallon tank and I'm wondering if they are enough for a tridanca clam.6,000K white and 60mW blue LEDs Sunlight and moonlight modes Energy-efficient 1 watt and 60mW LEDs Polycarbonate lens
Slim profile
17,000 lifetime hours
Low voltage, single power source Flexible mounting system One-year performance warranty

I have a blueline 120w with my clam (4") almost 22" down and it's almost to intense for it from what I have gathered from others here on AA.. I've found most corals I have to hide and slowly inch out every few days until it adjust to the LED's. GL!!

There was a chart that came with the light....I'm thinking about a derasa clam as they seem to not need as intense light....

Brund- go to the webpage that has the fixture you are asking about. up at the top, right click in the address box, and click copy. Then reply here and right click again and click paste. Paste the URL to the fixture here and post it, and then we'll figure out if it will be ok, but generally, That doesn't sound like it's a very potent fixture.

Brund said:
Well I totally messed up the last thread and tried to edit which apparently can't be done. These are the lights I have, with a 29 gallon tank and I'm wondering if they are enough for a tridanca clam.6,000K white and 60mW blue LEDs Sunlight and moonlight modes Energy-efficient 1 watt and 60mW LEDs Polycarbonate lens
Slim profile
17,000 lifetime hours

http://www.marineland.com/uploadedFiles/Marineland/11078iMLLEDCharts.pdf
It is the LED reef capable lights

My assumption after talking with my LFS is...the lighting wouldn't be strong enough for clams or hard corals. However, that lighting is compatible with their lighting they suggest for anemonies and softies. They have two very large anemonies with just the 10,000k and actinic compact flourecent bulbs...and they keep growing even after 10+ years in their store.

Back
Top Bottom