entertaining more corals for the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
found a lfs that has some real great prices on corals, was wondering if a hammer or frogspawn is a good coral to good ie is it hardy or hard to take care of thanks in advance

I am a big fan of hammers. Mine is easy to care for and grows like crazy.

I recently purchased a hammer coral from my LFS and after the first two days it is looking amazing and everyone in my family says it is their favorite coral. Sorry, but I have a question about hammers while we are on the subject. How much space is required between the hammer and the other corals? HTH

i desided to go with a frogspawn because it was cheaper hehe but its closed up i assume this is normal how long should i wait before it becomes a problem

I also love frogspawn! It's the least aggressive in the group (torch, hammer, frogspawn) i believe and will not form sweeper tentacles. That's what my LFS told me and my frogspawn has never seen to have any sweeper tentacles. Its look is also very amazing

A good way to find out about sweepers is to check the tank after the lights are out for a few hours, a few days in a row. I have had torch corals that didn't sweep for 3 or four days and then BAM, it was sweeping 6 inches all arround it one night.

VERY IMPORTANT - if you change your powerhead/current arrangement in your tank, think about how this changed water flow is going to affect your coral's sweeper action. I have made this mistake before, and got a leather that was safe before all stung to heck.

I sit and watch my tank after lightout for 10 mins everynight lol. Moonlight is godlike hehe. Anyway, my frogspawn never seem to form sweeper tentacles at night. It just shrinks down alil

img_645715_0_e25e008e7d161f6a1a99a3c72b42d186.jpg

img_645715_1_520d07b763d63b56a9350ce757262165.jpg

Here is both of mine and to be honest I love Both of them.

Back
Top Bottom